Monday, January 3, 2011

My search for a house begins... kinda

Today I got a Realtor. His name is... hmmmm sad that its only been like an hour since I left his office and I already forgot his name.  I think it might be Brian but I can honestly say that I'm not  entirely sure.  This is the second time in my life that I have had my very own Realtor and have yet to ever owned a piece of property. This guy seems like he is a little nicer then my last guy i had,  but I'll be honest and say that my last guy started out being OK but turned into kinda a douche at the end of things. My new Realtor Brian...  (I'll call him that for now even if that's not his name) looks to be around my age, has a few kids and didn't seem to mind my meager 200,000 dollar budget. So far so good I guess. He seemed to get what I was looking for and what areas I was looking in. Except for the fact that his phone rang not once, but twice during our hour long meeting, which was just super annoying I mean I can forgive the first time, because you obviously forgot to turn off the ringer, but the second time is much less forgivable.  So except for that he was really nice and I left feeling excited. I guess we'll see how he progresses in the future.

My first reality experience started off being just a weird. Maybe I should have learned my lesson and not just walked into the first real estate office I drive by. But I didn't because that is exactly how I ended up with Brian this morning. So anyways my first realtor was named Eric. It was back when I lived in a small town in Washington called Walla Walla a few years back. For a brief second  in time I was considering buying a house there and settling down for the next million years. I am glad I didn't cause although I could easily find a nice house for like 100,000 I would hate small town life after about two years and just wanna escape. But back to Eric.. The problem with Eric was that he never seemed to get what I was looking for. I would say I wanted to maybe have a kid down the road and he would show me all these non- kid friendly houses. I would say I wanted a newer home and he would show me a bunch of fixer uppers. I would say I need to stay under 150,000 and he would show me all this stuff in the 200,000 range. I started to think that he just wanted to look at shit himself and was using me as an excuse to get into the places. When I finally found a house I loved but was out of my price range by a ton. He put tons and tons of pressure to make an offer on it, but also point blank told me that he doubted that they would drop the price to where I could afford.. I mean WTF... so I was like why so much pressure if you know they wont accept my offer anyways!! He was dumb and after a few months of looking I knew that regardless weather I found something or not I didn't want him to get any sorta profit from my sale. So I told him things had changed and said bye bye. Honestly things had changed at this same time period I knew that living in  this small town wasn't my thing and was thinking about leaving soon. Which I did a few months later.

I am having a  little bit of a hard time with the thought of my new Realtor because I still am thinking that home ownership is so far away. I mean I don't work in a field where I make a ton of money and I will be honest that I'm a little freaked out thinking that I'm forever going to always have to save every single cent I get from now on. But maybe it will be worth it. Maybe having the ability to put come colorful paint on the walls will make it all worthwhile. That's the worst part about renting, the lack of color. Its like white walls,  beige carpet, and white appliances.  I think every place I have ever lived in has been exactly that. And yes you could paint but then you have to paint it back at the end and honestly who wants to have to do that. I know I don't. So yeah I hope that this new guy realized that I'm not 100 percent sure if I'm ready to buy a place and isn't gonna turn out to be a huge dick about it. But I do feel that I was super honest and up front about where my life is right now so hopefully it will be a enjoyable ride. I hope that I get things in order and find something great, but if not, I think that I have other things that I wanna do before home ownership anyways. So I'm just going to take this first step and begin the process and see where the cards fall.   Its lackadaisical I know, but that's the thing about journeys at some point you just have to take that first step.  So yeah.. let the house hunting begin.

2 comments:

  1. I had a similar experience with having envy with my older sisters life, but I came to realize that if i really broke down her everyday ,intimate life there was no way I would want to walk in her shoes. and anyway I just had to mature several more years and I fulfilled all my own goals for family, home, car dog but not horse! But now I know horse was not that important!!! GO GIRL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!!!! I didn't know you were thinking of buying a house! I feel so shut out of your life all of the sudden! Is it because I'm so buried head first in my own dramas that I've become my worst nightmare and haven't even taken the time to think about anyone else but my own crappy life? Have I actually become that bad of a friend? I'm sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete