Tuesday, July 5, 2011

starting again

I know this is a short posting but I start my new job tonight.  I have been trying to stay up an hour or so later each night so that the shock of having to work overnight won't be so horrible. I am so excited but also so nervous. In my adult life I have so many first days at so many different jobs. Some have been super awesome and some have been not as much. I am excited to see what happens with this one. I have a feeling that the people I will meet are going to be great because in all the times that I have already met them they were super nice. The hospital seems so excited for me to be working with them and this excitement is so infectious.  I am slightly fearful that I might not be able to keep up with the skills required for emergency medicine because I have been in day practice for so long. I mean five years is a while when you think about how much has changed in veterinary medicine.  I just don’t want to feel super lost and honestly wish I had a tinge more confidence that I won’t. But I do think it’s going to be ok. I hope that this afternoon I can force my body to take a nap because that is going to help me not crash in the middle of the night. Well see I guess because that’s all I can do at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment