Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Birthday thoughts

Today is my birthday. I’m 33 now and I don’t really feel any different. What I do feel is that I am really enjoying me being in my thirties. It’s like I like being an adult. I like having adult issues and thoughts and meeting people in adult places and engaging in adult conversations. I like being a grown up and I guess it wasn’t until I turned thirty that I really understood the difference. I was always a super mature person and even at like preteen age I thought I was fairly grown up. But now looking back I get why being 30 really is fabulous. I wonder why you freak out so much about it.

I have nothing really special planned for my birthday today. I have the day off from work.  I’m happy to not have to work because I normally do on birthdays past. I slept in late this morning and woke up without any alarms or agenda. I ate some fabulous cereal for breakfast. I spent the morning answering birthday wishes and phone calls from friends and family.  I took my dog for a long walk while listening to some awesome tunes on the ipod. Now its noon and I still have nothing that I need to be out doing. I love the simplicity of getting to have a totally unplanned and unscheduled day. Maybe tonight I’ll treat my self for a dinner I normally would never eat like super rare steak, or go see a movie that I normally would be embarrassed to see. I feel like those are the things you want to do on a special day like today.

For me right now I’m going to enjoy the fact that this last year was actually a really good year. I remained healthy. I started a new career that I have really enjoyed even if it did suck for a bit. I have made some really great new friends and I still have some old ones who I miss like crazy not seeing as often as I‘d like. I have had big life plans change, both for the better and the worse. I have found a lot of joy in new activities and  also had some go by the wayside, finding they weren’t as great as I thought they would be. I have dated a lot this last year and sometime those were disastrous and sometimes I found people who actually may have changed me for the better even just a little bit. I only really got my heart broken once and it was like a tiny easy to repair break. All and all I have developed into a really great, well adjusted, smart, and confident 33 years old.  I have no clue what my plans are for the next year but I’m going to follow the motto of years in the past and just let what happens happen.  I know that I have no control over what the universe is going to bring me so I’m just going to hope that on my 34th birthday I’ll look back as be as happy about my last year as I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment